Industries around the world are confronted by a number of concurrent pressures ranging from industry consolidation, the social-ethical pressures of operations to research and development effectiveness and talent development.
Other major challenges center around entering new markets, capital project support and how to generally operate in a safe, compliant and sustainable way. In addition, delivering a responsible asset retirement strategy and improving transparency and corporate reporting for an increasing number of interested stakeholders are further areas of concern.
More specifically this can cover issues such as;
- Expansion and penetration of emerging markets
- M&A and post-acquisition integration
- Compliance with existing/new regulations and corporate standards
- Product stewardship – managing risks and developing opportunities
- How sustainability is embedded in organizations
- Safety processes and culture
- Resource efficiency (energy, water, waste)
- Exit-focused management of retained liabilities, typically at portfolio-scale
- Climate change risk
We understand the implications of the issues faced in these industries, particularly the manufacturing and pharmaceutical sectors and address them from a strategic and technical level, depending on the client need, leveraging our global footprint and using a blend of skills and experience from the range of services we provide.
ERM is a PSCI approved audit firm.