ERM CVS SEMS Auditor Training Course
5 - 9 June 2017
23 - 27 October 2017
ERM Certification and Verification Services (ERM CVS) is the worldwide environment, health and safety certification and verification business of ERM
Group, one of the world’s largest providers of professional EHS services.
ERM CVS provides a comprehensive range of high quality, independent services, with a global reputation for excellence. Our client focused services
offer a fresh approach to certification and verification. We offer premier training programs including Safety Environmental Management System (SEMS)
certification training for audit service providers.
Certification for the SEMS Audit Team Member and Team Leader
BSEE requires all operators on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) to develop and maintain a SEMS. BSSE also requires that these SEMS programs be audited within 3 years of the completion of their last audit, which must include:
- A comprehensive evaluation of all 17 elements of their SEMS program, and
- A field evaluation of at least 15% of the operator’s facilities.
ERM CVS offers a 3-day certification course for auditors who want to be certified as SEMS audit team members. ERM CVS also offers and additional 8
hours of instruction for audit team leads. These courses meet Center for Offshore Safety (COS) criteria for content and duration.
Audit Team Member Certification
COS requires 24 hours of instruction for audit team member certification. BSEE requires internal and external SEMS auditors to be educated in
management system programs and offshore oil and gas operations. This course begins Monday at 12:00 PM and concludes Thursday at 12:00 PM.
Course topics include:
- The principles, requirements & practices of auditing a SEMS
- Management system and process safety auditing techniques & practices
- Activities providing hands-on experience using the COS audit tools & checklist
- The management of EHS critical equipment
- The standards used to determine the effectiveness of a SEMS
- The BSEE requirements for SEMS audit process including reporting & corrective action requirements
Audit Team Leader Certification (additional)
This additional eight hour session (Thursday afternoon to Friday morning) provides the training and education necessary for participants to qualify as
Audit Team Leaders. Course topics include:
- Auditing ethics and professionalism
- Audit planning including the selection of audit team members to achieve the objectives of the audit
- Determining the audit duration based upon activity type and complexity of operations
- Achieving success despite unforeseen circumstances, including weather, & work interruptions
ERM CVS training incorporates accelerative learning (AL) techniques into all course design. These techniques unlock much of our potential for
learning that has been left largely untapped by most conventional learning methods. They also ensure the highest level of captivation and retention
of material which saves time and money.