20 - 21 March 2018
ERM will be attending and participating in the PRI-PEI Responsible Investment Forum 2018.
Find out why leading global investors are putting increasing pressure on US managers to adopt stricter environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles as they consider investing in private equity and other alternative asset classes.
Building on the success of the longest-running ESG event in Europe, the Responsible Investment Forum comes to New York for its second year to bring together the most sophisticated LPs, GPs and service providers to discuss why, when, and how your firm should be implementing an effective ESG strategy.
Key Topics include:
- Bridging the LP-GP divide on ESG
- ESG reporting and metrics for success
- ESG in infrastructure investing
- State of play: Where is ESG integration in private equity and how has ESG changed in the past 2 years?
- Focusing on diversity at the fund level and portfolio level
- Supply chain risks and challenges in responsible investment
- Placing climate risk at the top of your agenda
- Taking a deeper dive into SASB standardsLP expectations and focus in ESG due diligence
Learn more about the PRI-PEI Responsible Investment Forum 2018
ERM at the event
ERM will be participating in the following sessions:
Panel: Placing climate risk at the top of your agenda
Tuesday, March 20th, 11:25 AM
- Understanding your portfolio's level of climate change risk
- Climate change disclosure: what does this mean for asset owners and asset managers
- Implications of the US administration on climate change and private equity
- Reporting recommendations of FSB’s Task Force
- Impact of COP23 on alternative asset investors
Lee Solsbery, Technical Director, ERM
Roundtable C - Setting up a climate change investment strategy
Tuesday, March 20th, 1:45 PM
- Incorporating climate change factors in corporate reporting, tracking and measuring performance
- First hand stories of how to take climate action with your investments
- How climate risk and resilience is ubiquitous across all industries
- Forecast planning: how to operate in a hotter/more volatile climate
- What LPs are expecting from GPs when it comes to climate risk strategy?
Lee Solsbery, Technical Director, ERM
Workshop: ESG reporting and metrics for success
Wednesday, March 21st, 9:20 AM
- What information are LPs requesting, and how is this being used
- How firms are handling ESG information and reporting
- What is the value of ESG reporting, and what does good reporting look like
- Are we getting closer to standards of disclosure on ESG?
Jaideep Das, Partner, ERM
Partner, Private Equity Account Director
Jaideep is a partner at ERM. He leads ERM’s sustainability due diligence and ESG advisory support to financial sector clients globally.
Jaideep’s work has included supporting private equity (PE) firms apply market-leading ESG approaches including undertaking portfolio-wide consideration of business impacts of sustainability issues, helping meet ESG expectations of their limited partners, applying broader ESG approaches to pre-acquisition due diligence and running effective post-acquisition value enhancement programmes.
Lee Solsbery works as an ERM Technical Director, and was one of four ERM lead authors of the TCFD Technical Supplement on Scenario Analysis.
He has advised private equity and venture capital firms, pension funds, insurance companies, banks, other finance sector entities and various governments on climate risk, carbon pricing, investment screening, carbon offsets, emissions trading and greenhouse gas management as well as vulnerability assessments and adaptation. He has performed ‘carbon due diligence’ on a range of transactions in a wide variety of sectors and jurisdictions. He has advised industry clients in oil & gas, mining, power generation, cement, transport, pulp and paper, agriculture, retail and energy-intensive manufacturing, as well as conglomerates.