22 - 26 February 2016
ERM, the world’s leading sustainability consultancy, was proud to once again be the Sustainability Partner for CERAWeek.
The forces impacting on energy companies are never more acute than today from the impact of the continuing commodity price issues to the wider geopolitical issues such as climate change adaptation, which have been brought back into focus by the recent COP21 meeting. The theme of the conference Energy Transition: Strategies for a New World’ reflected this.
- Responses to low prices;
- What’s ahead for markets, investment, costs and technology;
- The environmental agenda including responses to Paris 2015;
- Emerging competitive strategies and industry structure; and
- Regulatory policy and geopolitics.
Conference participants came from all regions and industry segments - oil, natural gas, power, coal, nuclear and renewables. The conference was comprised of over 120 keynotes, plenaries and strategic dialogues, as well as numerous of opportunities for informal exchange and relationship building through Insight Dinners, receptions and Expert Dialogues.
Learn more about CERAWeek 2016
ERM at CERAWeek
This was our 6th year as Sustainability Partner at CERA Week and we were there to share our insights across a number topics throughout the week. This included contributing to sessions on post COP21 implications for business, strategies for how HSE functions can operate in this cost constrained world, and the more granular issue surrounding managing methane emissions.
ERM speakers and event participation at this year’s event included:
- Walt Shill, ERM’s Managing Partner for Client Services, introducing the Insight Dinner on climate change ERM is co-hosting with Statoil - titled Sustainability After Paris - on Monday, February 22 at 7:30pm
- Don Lloyd, ERM’s Global Oil & Gas Sector lead, speaking on Operational Strategies: Driving Value & Safety in World of Uncertainty at the Strategic Dialogue Session on Tuesday February 23 at 11:15am
- Braulio Pikman, ERM Partner, speaking on Tightening the Valves on Global Methane Emissions at the Strategic Dialogue Session on Wednesday, February 24 at 11:00am
ERM is completely focused on helping our clients operate in a more sustainable way when they enter new markets, deliver capital projects, work to improve HSE issues, or retire their assets. Ultimately our ambition is to work together with our clients and the industry for the safe, reliable, and compliant production of energy around the world.